The Virtual Room is a functionality created by Videocamp to schedule and hold collective sessions (for at least 5 people), free of charge, but in the online environment. This functionality is only available for works selected by Videocamp.
Held free of charge in a virtual room provided by Videocamp for collective screening (minimum of 5 people online), submitting an evaluation after the session. The promoter/producer is responsible for starting, pausing and ending the session (broadcasting of the production), as well as for managing the chat within the virtual room provided by Videocamp.
For an indeterminate period, to be decided at the discretion of Videocamp, this functionality can be used by all registered users.
There is an option to hold an online session solely for productions where this functionality is available. If this applies to the production selected, just access the production's page, click on the schedule session button, and select the "online session" option. After responses are provided for the required questions, the session will be scheduled and you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
The Virtual Room, or page where an online session is held, is created as soon as the Videocamp system approves the session registrations sent by the promoter organizing the session. The Virtual Room is accessible via a link. This link is sent to guest viewers by the person organizing the online sessions.
It is worth noting that an online and public session cannot be scheduled, since all sessions are private; in other words, the promoter who organized the session will be the one responsible for sending an invite that will provide access to the Virtual Room to the person taking part in the session.
Yes. Only people who receive an invite from the organizing promoter will be able to take part in the session, or rather, everyone who has access to the session link, or viewers, as they are called.
The viewing user does not necessarily have to be registered with Videocamp; however, in order to access the Virtual Room, a short form must be filled out with the following data: name, last name, full date of birth, e-mail address, confirmation of e-mail address, and location of access (country, state, and city).
The invite to access the Virtual Room will be available on the Videocamp profile of the promoter who organized the online session. To access the invite, just log on to the platform, click on the icon for your profile, at the top of the menu at right, and then click on "My Sessions." An e-mail with a link to the Virtual Room will also be sent to the session organizer's e-mail.
Important: the promoter organizing the session is the only person responsible for sending the Virtual Room invite to the people chosen to take part in the online session.
The person invited to an online sessions should access the link to the Virtual Room according to the date and time stated in the invite. To gain access, a short form must be filled out with the following data: name, last name, full date of birth, e-mail address, confirmation of e-mail address, and location of access (country, state, and city).
- The session can only begin when there are at least 5 viewers online;
- Once the Virtual Room is open, all of the people participating will have access to a chat;
- Participants are not responsible for managing the session. This is the sole responsibility of the promoter organizing the session, who is responsible for starting, pausing and ending a session (playback of the production) and managing the chat, with the ability to delete messages, if deemed necessary.
Only the promoter organizing the session will be able to manage the Virtual Room, based on the date and time provided in the session registration, and in order to start playback of the audiovisual production, there must be at least 5 people in the Virtual Room. If there is not an audience of at least 5 people, the session organizer will not be able to start playback of the production. When there are at least 5 participating viewers, Virtual Room management is authorized along with use of the chat by all participants.
For the session promoter:
1. Don't forget to send the invite with the link to the Virtual Room to your guest viewers and confirm they received it. This invite is where people will find the link to access the online session in the Virtual Room. You will find the session invite in your Videocamp profile, which will contain the link to access the Virtual Room as well as additional information on the date, time and production chosen.
2. The movie will be available for viewing 24 hours before the session date. For educator profiles, the production is available to watch as soon as scheduling of the session has been approved. Take advantage to plan ahead and make the most of your online session.
3. The Virtual Room can only be managed once there are at least 5 participating viewers. The room will not be open for use until this audience minimum is reached.
4. You are responsible for chat management. If you feel it is necessary, you can delete or hide a message. If you accidentally delete a message, you will have the option of restoring it.
5. You are also responsible for ending the online session; however, if this is done using the button available in the Virtual Room after playback of the production has finished, the session will automatically end and the link to the Room will no longer be accessible.
1. We recommend that you enter the Room at least 10 minutes early. If you access the online session after playback has started, you will be unable to go back to the start of the video, since the person who organized the online session is responsible for management of the entire session. This allows us to ensure that all viewers watch the screening at the same time.
2. To gain access to the Virtual Room, a short form must be filled out with the following data: name, last name, full date of birth, e-mail address, confirmation of e-mail address, and location of access (country, state, and city). It is important that this information be accurate as it can determine whether you are able to gain access to the Virtual Room.
When the organizing promoter clicks on the "End session" button, they will receive a message stating that all participants will receive a notice that the session is ending and will be disconnected from the Virtual Room, or rather, the screening will end and may not be resumed again.
Once the online session has ended, the promoter organizing the session will receive a message inviting them to evaluate the session that just finished. Once the promoter clicks the 'Start evaluation' button, they will be redirected to the evaluation form. Session evaluation will also be available on the profile page of the promoter who organized the session as soon as the session ends. The promoter who organized the session will not be able to schedule new in-person or online sessions until the evaluation is sent. Session participants over the age of 18 may also receive a form to evaluate the production at the e-mail address they used to access the Virtual Room.
Videocamp was created so that collective and free in-person sessions could be more widely held for movies with the potential for impact. The Virtual Room lets this experience take place in an online session. Please find the conditions for each session below: - Conditions for in-person sessions: a physical space for collective screening (minimum of 5 people), held free of charge, with submission of an evaluation after the session. - Conditions for online sessions: held free of charge in a Virtual Room provided by Videocamp, for a group (minimum of 5 people online), with submission of an evaluation after the session. The promoter organizing the session is responsible for using the Virtual Room provided by Videocamp to start, pause and end the session (playback of the production), as well as for managing the chat.
The people who choose to register their productions on Videocamp are responsible for the accessibility resources for the productions available when scheduling both online and in-person Videocamp sessions. Because Videocamp strives to have a catalog that is accessible to more and more people, producers are encouraged to make and provide accessible titles.
All the website is ready for keyboard navigation. You can use the TAB key to navigate throughout the website’s titles and links and find what you want with just a few clicks.
Shortcut keys Use the shortcut keys to go directly to some spots on Videocamp. The shortcuts can be activated by combining two or more keys. The shortcut keys depend on the operating system (Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Linux, DOS etc) and the browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari etc) that you use. The settings may change according to system updates, but the most common ones are listed below:
- The ALT key for the Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Safari browsers in a computer running on Microsoft Windows;
- The SHIFT and ALT keys, simultaneously, for the Mozilla Firefox browser in a computer running on Microsoft Windows or Linux;
- The COMMAND key for the Mac OS operating system.
Size of the text In the middle of the top part in each page of Videocamp there are two icons that, when activated, display the text in a larger size (icon “+A”) or go back to the original size (icon “A”). If you prefer, you can also use the zoom tool that is available in the more up-to-date browsers and is a quicker and more effective way of choosing the size of texts and images.
To use the zoom on Microsoft Windows or Linux:
press the CTRL key and then the + (plus) key to increase the size
press the CTRL key and then the - (minus) key to decrease the size
press the CTRL key and then the 0 (zero) key to restore the original size of the page
To use the zoom on Mac OS:
press the COMMAND key and then the + (plus) key to increase the size
press the COMMAND key and then the - (minus) key to decrease the size
press the COMMAND key and then the 0 (zero) key to restore the original size of the page
1. An online session can be accessed through the web or mobile platform. It is recommended that one of the following browsers be used: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari. For a better experience, it is important to use the latest version of the browser. To check your browser's status, go to: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari.
2. Productions are played in the Virtual Room using the Vimeo player. If playback quality of the production is poor, it is recommended that the user who scheduled the session run a test to check the general estimate of their internet provider's broadband speed, in order to select a quality compatible with their internet speed.
Reliable HTML5 tests (https://testmy.net/download) are recommended for estimating the speed being received from the promoter's internet provider. If a higher bandwidth than what is being offered is expected, we recommend that the promoter contact their internet provider for more information.